Film Brownie Hawkeye

DennyN

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
dennynoll.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in Cleveland and want to go take some pics of the Christmas Story House. I will be taking my digital but I also have a mint condition Brownie Hawkeye I bought and have not used yet. I thought a picture taken of that house with a 1956 point and shoot camera would be quite appropriate. I have a pack of 100 & 160 ISO color and black and white films already on 620 spools ready to go 620-kodak-assortment-5-rolls. My question is do you think I could get away with using those speeds on a winter day in this camera with minimum cloud cover or am I going to have to use 400 ISO? The aperture is around f/15 and the shutters varied between 1/30th and 1/50th.

Last edited:
You should be fine with 100 or 200. Full overcast I would go to 400.

Excellent info here...... Shoting with the Brownie Hawkeye
Thank you for the info. Tried to go the Christmas Story House today, it was a Zoo, did not try to park to take pics. Did take some other pictures with the Hawkie, anxious to see how they come out. Fairly bright out today used the Portra 160. Thanks again.

Last edited:
You should be fine with 100 or 200. Full overcast I would go to 400.

Excellent info here...... Shoting with the Brownie Hawkeye

Test roll Portra 160. They came out hazy but with some processing I was able to salvage some pictures, I kept 4 that I liked. One was a heavy cropped landscape. Don't know what possessed me to take a landscape picture with a camera like this. The film speed was fine but I had not yet cleaned the lens. This is a 1957 camera and it was advised the lens be removed and cleaned, I have since done so. I also fixed make shift tripod mount which should help a lot with a shutter speed of 1/30th to 1/50th. Having a blast with it, very challenging.

This picture is the famous Haunted Franklin Castle with a wreath for the holiday.

---_0333e.jpg

Other 3 picture are here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back