What's new

Finally made my decision!

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
36
Location
Dallas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So after a couple of months of debating on which lens to buy between the (all Canons) 300 F4, 200 F2.8, and 70-200 F2.8 IS usm (original version) I finally made my decision. I went with the 70-200 F2.8 IS. I have only been able to play with it for about 3 hours so far and I have to say the IS is an outstanding feature! I took some shots of my wife ( which she wouldn't let me post) and they came out great. I was a little disappointed in the softness at 200mm and F2.8 but I had already read a review on that before I bought the lens so I guess I was expecting it. With post I may be able to sharpen the image but I havent had that chance yet. It may have been a little motion blur but IS was on and the shutter speed was 1/320. At F4 they are super sharp at 200mm you can see every little face blemish. I shoot a crop body so the focal length is equivalent to a 320 mm which seems quite short for sports and nature shots. But I will definitely give it a try. Any way sorry for all the rambling and I give a great Thanks to everyone hear at TPF that gave me there input and advice on which lens to buy! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
 
Congrats, new toys always make my day too.
 
I just rented one of those on my vacation. I loved it! Other than getting used to the weight, it was easy to get crisp shots. F4 seemed to bring out the best shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom