Finally made my decision!

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So after a couple of months of debating on which lens to buy between the (all Canons) 300 F4, 200 F2.8, and 70-200 F2.8 IS usm (original version) I finally made my decision. I went with the 70-200 F2.8 IS. I have only been able to play with it for about 3 hours so far and I have to say the IS is an outstanding feature! I took some shots of my wife ( which she wouldn't let me post) and they came out great. I was a little disappointed in the softness at 200mm and F2.8 but I had already read a review on that before I bought the lens so I guess I was expecting it. With post I may be able to sharpen the image but I havent had that chance yet. It may have been a little motion blur but IS was on and the shutter speed was 1/320. At F4 they are super sharp at 200mm you can see every little face blemish. I shoot a crop body so the focal length is equivalent to a 320 mm which seems quite short for sports and nature shots. But I will definitely give it a try. Any way sorry for all the rambling and I give a great Thanks to everyone hear at TPF that gave me there input and advice on which lens to buy! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I just rented one of those on my vacation. I loved it! Other than getting used to the weight, it was easy to get crisp shots. F4 seemed to bring out the best shots.

Most reactions

Back