Finding Low light tough to shoot in...Advice gladly taken... :)

Dave Devoid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
High all...

Took this shot of my cat earlier...Low light...Shutter 1/160, f/5.6, ISO 1600 @98mm...

Had to tweek with Iphoto to bring the exposure up.....

If i went lower on the shutter the shot got a bit too blurry and higher on ISO it got a bit noisier..

C&C gladly taken..

Thanks in advance...

Dave

DSC_0160 by dave_cath00, on Flickr

I would look into buying a speedlite.

It is under exposed ...and had a lot of noise ...I sort of improved it some
$8270727826_87dac6cba6.jpg

You could always look into getting a white cat. They work much,much better in low light! But keep in mind, white kittehs are often more aloof and temperamental than gray cats, which are almost universally very calm and gentle and often almost "dog-like" toward their human servants.

You have one of those odd D7000's that doesn't have a built-in flash to help you out in times like this?

hope you don't mind but I cleaned the cat up as well :)

Attachments

• $8270727826_7c3db45c01_k-2.jpg
    $8270727826_7c3db45c01_k-2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 121
Ok..So on reading the manual. I have discovered that i have to tell the flash to come on if im in aperture/shutter/program or manual mode..

That cleared that small mess up then.. :)

Alternatively i guess i just put it in full auto.... :/

Ok..So on reading the manual. I have discovered that i have to tell the flash to come on if im in aperture/shutter/program or manual mode..

That cleared that small mess up then.. :)

Alternatively i guess i just put it in full auto.... :/
All I have to do with mine is pop it up and it's ready to go.

It could be that it has been disabled though. In the commander mode setup the internal flash can be set so that all it does is control the external flashes and does not go off while the shutter is open. It could also be that it is set to a very low flash exposure compensation. Generally speaking though, all you should have to do is pop it up and trip the shutter. If you want to reduce the harshness from it put a few layers of tissue over the flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back