Fingers of the Gods C&C please!

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been way too long since I've been on here! Then again, it's been way too long since I've been out shooting! It's good to be back ;)

My original plans for tonight was to try to get some lightning shots at this location, but shortly after I got there it started to clear up! I was starting to get disappointed, until the sun started peaking through the clouds behind me. I got there with plenty of time before sundown so i would have a chance to scout out my location, which definitely payed off since I was treated with this beautiful scene unfolding before me.

This was taken in the Kolob Canyons portion of Zion N.P., known more commonly to locals as the Kolob Fingers because of the shape of several parallel canyons. If you look at them on a map it looks like God pressed His hand into wet mud and left it to dry!

C&C is always appreciated :)

IMG_8566smallb.jpg

Canon 5DmkII w/24-105L
ISO 100
f/14
1 sec exposure

**Edit**
It looks like once again photobucket has slaughtered the color. If you want to see it how it really shows check out photoSIG » Kolob's Serenity=

Thanks again!

I'm seeing nearly identical colours on both websites on my monitor. Really, I cannot see any difference.

My eyes are drawn to that reddish cloud, perhaps more than intended. The rest of the scenery is beautiful, but it's not moving me a great deal.

Most reactions

Back