What's new

Fireworks !

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
Some stuff form the California coast...




IMG_0125-0076.jpg






IMG_0125-0076c.jpg






IMG_0125-0076d.jpg






IMG_0125-0076e.jpg




IMG_0125-0076b.jpg
 
The first one is my favorite. Its so vast, and with the framing (or perspective, maybe?) the ground provides, You'd think this firework was about 100 yards wide! Sorry I don't know the right words, but I'm just a newbie so the correct words (especially at 3 a.m.) are failing me.

I also like the smaller trail of still-lit ashes seemingly falling on the building or pier below. A lot of times you see firework shots that are boring, but with #1 having more to it than just the lights, it really makes it a lot more interesting.

Thank you for sharing, sir!
 
I agree, I really like the first one. It's hard to come by good firework photos sometimes, and these (especially the first) are very nice!
 
You had a good viewpoint. Nothing obstructing your view, even though you were far away enough to even get the big "boom" into your frame (Photo 1) PLUS the town/city nearby and the reflections of the firework on the beach (and the people watching from there!). How long in advance did you scout out that viewpoint?
 
I absolutely love what looks like two lone silhouettes in the first photo. The composition is great as well.
 
You had a good viewpoint. Nothing obstructing your view, even though you were far away enough to even get the big "boom" into your frame (Photo 1) PLUS the town/city nearby and the reflections of the firework on the beach (and the people watching from there!). How long in advance did you scout out that viewpoint?


Thanks guys !

I grew up around there, and visit pretty often, I just knew that would be a cool spot. I had insider info.. lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom