First attempt at high speed water

CSIJon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im not sure if this is the best place to post these and if its not please feel free to say so.
Here are a few pics at my first attempt at high speed water photography. The only post editing done consisted of cropping, enlarging, and a few got a few clicks of fill flash. Please tell me what you think.

DSC_4460-2.jpg

DSC_4461-2.jpg

DSC_4762-2.jpg

DSC_4759-2.jpg

DSC_4732-2.jpg

I used Nikon D300s. Used a Pyrex dish with a black trash bag then filled the dish with water. I had a bag hanging from light in dining room. Just poked a hole and let her drip. I used a few sheets of plain white paper set up right behind the water. External flash was off the the side just a few inches above the water level bouncing light off the white paper and on to the water. For the blue shots just plain flash and changed the white balance to tungsten. For the pink and purple I just used a few sheets of colored tissue paper.

Interesting technique. I'm not an expert on this type of photography but the shots look nice. A word of advice though, ease up on the photo spam. Three or four would be nice.

Most reactions

Back