First attempt with HDR

Okay, to be honest, none of these shots really needed HDR treatment, and they're overdone to boot. If you were going for the "HDR look" (that is to say, unrealistic and kind of neon), then that's your choice, but HDR's real strength is in making shots look more real. These are just not to my taste I'm afraid.

I should have added, just to be constructive: for your next attempts try to find a shot where it's impossible to expose the entire scene correctly without blowing out or underexposing part of it. These shots could all have been exposed properly without any special treatment.

I ahve all these shots post edited with proper exposure but was trying to have some fun with HDR. Honestly the only ones I liked that I did were #2 and #4. Thanks for your opinion!!

I'm really not a fan of HDR images. The first three are poorly composed, the sky would be nice but the tree line isn't great. If you want a nice shot of the sky you should probably try and find a better place to capture it.

All that said I absolutely love your last picture with the boats but I can't decide if I like your HDR or original better.. The only thing I would have changed is not cutting off the top of the reflection. Good job IMO :)

I love the Boat pictures too!! I have never played with the HDR features so I gave it a try. LOL was not very successful but at least it was fun. Thanks for looking and leaving coments its greatly appreciated!!!

HDR pictures are open for more critique than a regular photo and needs more creative work.

shot 4 in hdr is very nice ... the colors came out well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back