First Baseball Shots

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was pretty impressed with the way these turned out. I don't know what baseball moms like, so please give me some helpful compliments and helpful advice.

307047841_tpeBf-M.jpg

307036098_8xNqW-M.jpg

307044799_SN4g6-M.jpg

307032165_3dZvs-M.jpg

306987163_TYogr-M.jpg

307060382_KKHqy-M.jpg

306991888_2iMhV-M.jpg

307067288_oqWTD-M.jpg

307073454_Uxnwu-M.jpg

Whelp, tell me what you think! Give both goods & bads please :)

Great shots. The only crit I can give is that #3 looks a bit washed out.

I bet the baseball moms will be all over these.

Great shots. The only crit I can give is that #3 looks a bit washed out.

I bet the baseball moms will be all over these.

:) I was waiting for somebody to point that out. It's a little soft around his face.

90% of my shots were taken through the fence. The 2.8 just blurs it out real well. In #3, that washed out part is a fence wire. You can sort of see it starting at the top-middle, and going down towards the bottom-right. It's a real thick grayish light blur.

I Think you did great. Lots of interesting angles. # 6 almost looks posed lol. I see it got kinda dark..were you using flash in the last photo?

You got some profesh stuff right here, nice work.

hahahahahahah number 6 is awesome!
great stuff man i love em all =D

I Think you did great. Lots of interesting angles. # 6 almost looks posed lol. I see it got kinda dark..were you using flash in the last photo?

No flash anywhere here.

#4 looks like it should have some type of logo or something. It could be a cool Ad poster. You should get a release from the parents and sell that shot.

Nice pics.

All great shots!!

I would like to see the enitre bat in #3 and maybe punch up the colours a bit on it as well.

Thanks for the advice, Gimp!

Today I'm getting in my Canon 2x mkII Teleconverter for my 70-200 2.8L IS. Once I do that, I'll go shoot another game and will post those pictures.

Thanks for the advice, Gimp!

Today I'm getting in my Canon 2x mkII Teleconverter for my 70-200 2.8L IS. Once I do that, I'll go shoot another game and will post those pictures.

i have that same set, the 2x coverter need good light or shot may seen a little soft

:) I was waiting for somebody to point that out. It's a little soft around his face.

90% of my shots were taken through the fence. The 2.8 just blurs it out real well. In #3, that washed out part is a fence wire. You can sort of see it starting at the top-middle, and going down towards the bottom-right. It's a real thick grayish light blur.

That’s from a clean fence, look of a rusty or dark shooting spot in the fence

i have that same set, the 2x coverter need good light or shot may seen a little soft

That’s from a clean fence, look a rusty or dark shooting spot

Yeah I saw some results and at f/5.6 it's a little soft, but it still looked usable. At f/8 or above it looked very nice. I'd like to be able to get some better shots of the outfielders. Parents of the outfielder kids never have good action shots, because they can't get near close enough to take them. I figure the 2x will come in very useful in the bright daylight, but at night I'll be using the 70-200 @ f/2.8 and cropping more.

The second statement confused me, what about a rusty or dark spot?

Me too :lol:, That haze look is likely light relaxing off the fence, so a darker (rusted or unclean) area of fence should relaxed less light.

Wow, that's an excellent idea! There were some rusty fences around, and that would totally make sense.

Here's a question for you guys...

If you were a baseball mom, which photos (of the above) would you buy?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back