First BIF keeper

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yeah, so I've attempted it in the past and never had much luck. All of the butterflies have been run off from my Lilac by these guys (actually saw a butterfly come in and get chased off).

So....after 1 hour of shooting, I got one keeper. Wow...tough goings doing Bee's in Flight. I had other's that were decent but this was by far the best one of the bunch.....this guy hovered anywhere from 12" to 5 feet from me the entire hour. He turned and stared at me a few times but didn't really seem to care that I was there.

p713255416-4.jpg

Great catch. I think I'd go crazy trying to catch a bee in flight. Patience sure did pay off for you.

Steve M.

great shot
but man do bug/spider pics give me the willies

Great catch. I think I'd go crazy trying to catch a bee in flight. Patience sure did pay off for you.

Steve M.

Thanks. I'm thinking about trying again tonight and see if I can get another good one...not sure I have the patience to go another hour though..

great shot

Really? Even a Bee? You can't even see his stinger and he's flying away....or does it creep you out that he was only about 18" away from me in these pics?

Steve M.

Thanks. I'm thinking about trying again tonight and see if I can get another good one...not sure I have the patience to go another hour though..

great shot

Really? Even a Bee? You can't even see his stinger and he's flying away....or does it creep you out that he was only about 18" away from me in these pics?
a bee isnt that bad, mainly because he's almost fluffy

Steve M.

great shot

a bee isnt that bad, mainly because he's almost fluffy

That reminds..me...after an hour with this bee hanging out 12-18 inches from me, I almost felt like it was my pet. He was so friendly I wanted to pet him (though I'm not actually dumb).

That reminds..me...after an hour with this bee hanging out 12-18 inches from me, I almost felt like it was my pet. He was so friendly I wanted to pet him (though I'm not actually dumb).

haha well either way, the shot is awesome

I have been trying the same thing this week and it is tough. I have gotten a few decent shots, but nothing great.

Nice shot.

I have been trying the same thing this week and it is tough. I have gotten a few decent shots, but nothing great.

Nice shot.

Thanks Micah....they're definitely tough subjects to shoot.

I have had a huge bumble bee swarming around my porch always in the same spot for the last two weeks and I certainly know how you feel. I came out with about 300 pictures, only a few of which were properly focussed and had good composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back