First HDR

fire34fighter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought myself a Canon 30D for christmas so this is really my first photo, and first attempt at HDR...Single shot, shot RAW and than blended in photomatix..C&C please.

edit: Also, I don't take credit for this picture, JBS posted one of his tree, and I copied the idea to see what I could get.

christmas002-CopyAnd2More_tonemappe.jpg

christmas002copyand2morxc3.jpg

it actually could be really great, but a couple things bother me. and this is me being super perfectionist.

1)shut the curtains? i dont know where the light is coming from, but theres a lot of light on the cabinet on the left, and that also causes a big reflection on the picture frame on the right.

2)whats that white thing on top of the cabinet? air freshener or something? take it down.

its really a beautifully decorated tree and should be the focal point of the photo. i dont know if the tree is still there, but i would remove these distracting elements and go at it again. you would really have a winner.

p.s. i went out this morning to attempt to take some christmas photos, but i got spooked by a guy who told me he had aids, and wanted me to come to his house. it was a little odd. he insisted i was gay and didnt know it. it was really weird.

it actually could be really great, but a couple things bother me. and this is me being super perfectionist.

1)shut the curtains? i dont know where the light is coming from, but theres a lot of light on the cabinet on the left, and that also causes a big reflection on the picture frame on the right.

2)whats that white thing on top of the cabinet? air freshener or something? take it down.

its really a beautifully decorated tree and should be the focal point of the photo. i dont know if the tree is still there, but i would remove these distracting elements and go at it again. you would really have a winner.

p.s. i went out this morning to attempt to take some christmas photos, but i got spooked by a guy who told me he had aids, and wanted me to come to his house. it was a little odd. he insisted i was gay and didnt know it. it was really weird.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try closing the blinds to see if I can fix the lighting..the white thing is an air freshener...I actually didn't notice that until i posted it...i'll remove that as well.

this is an amazing picture, really looks like a christmas greeting card...

Was there some camera shake goin' on, because it seems to get a little soft near the bottom. Maybe the aperture was too open, dunno. I like it though, it's a very pretty tree. Keep experimenting with HDR, it's fun stuff!

Was there some camera shake goin' on, because it seems to get a little soft near the bottom. Maybe the aperture was too open, dunno. I like it though, it's a very pretty tree. Keep experimenting with HDR, it's fun stuff!

Most likely. I don't have a tripod yet, although the lens I have does have an image stabilizer..Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on keeping the camera still...As for the aperture, I'm use to older film lenses, where it has an actual aperture so I haven't figured out how to change it on my DSLR yet....I'll keep reading through the manual though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back