First HDR's?

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to do some HDR's yesterday using photoshops HDR conversion tool. I am not sure they look HDR though, do they to you? Sorry about the links, png files won't show up like the JPGS
(original)

1.jpg

(HDR)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/streettuner22/FirstHDR.png

(original)
2.jpg

(HDR)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/streettuner22/5thHDR.png

(original)
3.jpg

(HDR)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/streettuner22/4thHDR.png

(original)
4.jpg

(HDR)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/streettuner22/3rdHDR.png

(original)
5.jpg

(HDR)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/streettuner22/2ndHDR.png

Did you layer 2+ pictures to get them or only try and convert the one picture?
I could be wrong but to get a good HDR effect you need at 'least' 2 pictures taken with a tripod.
I have done a few without a tripod.. I really recommend the tripod.. haha

Doesn't look HDR here either. High Dynamic Resolution images should be taken at various exposure values, usually between 3 and 5 images. You can set your camera to auto bracket and take one at -2, one at 0 and one at 2 (if doing 3 images), or -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 if doing 5 images. The idea is to get all the detail that you can from both the shadows and highlights. I usually use Photomatix for HDR conversions. I find it gives more detail than PS does usually. They have a free trial that you can use and it will just print the name of the software on the final image until you purchase it. And as previous poster said, make sure you use a tripod.

Did you layer 2+ pictures to get them or only try and convert the one picture?
I could be wrong but to get a good HDR effect you need at 'least' 2 pictures taken with a tripod.
I have done a few without a tripod.. I really recommend the tripod.. haha

Ya I used 3 pictures and for the last one I used 6

Doesn't look HDR here either. High Dynamic Resolution images should be taken at various exposure values, usually between 3 and 5 images. You can set your camera to auto bracket and take one at -2, one at 0 and one at 2 (if doing 3 images), or -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 if doing 5 images. The idea is to get all the detail that you can from both the shadows and highlights. I usually use Photomatix for HDR conversions. I find it gives more detail than PS does usually. They have a free trial that you can use and it will just print the name of the software on the final image until you purchase it. And as previous poster said, make sure you use a tripod.

I did use the bracketing, but it seems it isn't enough. I did as high and low as I could (+2, 0, -2) I'll have to check that trial out, and I will be getting a tripod... hopefully soon.

Keep trying on those images because you should beable to get something nice out of them..
While tone mapping you should beable to get all sorts of results although I'm not familiar with many HDR programs..

Look like heaven,beautiful

where is it?

Well the images look fine and doesnt seem like a situation where you would need HDR. You're HDR attempts look more like saturated versions of the originals. High contrast images are much better for HDR attempts such as in daylight shooting a composition with both shade and direct sunlight. Take two shots, one exposing for the bright and one for the shade then you should be able to get that HDR look you're going for. My first HDR attempt failed due to this as well, I didn't bother looking for an HDR worthy composition with high contrast elements. I hope this helps,

Nick

i think this look not too 'HDR'ish to me
like others have said, normally its on a very ... very contrasting situations ..
ie: dark cloudy stormy days with bright foreground or whatnot

:D

Look like heaven,beautiful

where is it?

It is in Massachusetts. Right across the street from my house. It is an old Shaker barn, that has been knocked down for quite some time. I believe that it was knocked down so that it wouldn't fall and hurt somebody, I don't know how that makes sense but it looks pretty neat!. That Yellow building is actually a house and a few people live in it.

Well the images look fine and doesnt seem like a situation where you would need HDR. You're HDR attempts look more like saturated versions of the originals. High contrast images are much better for HDR attempts such as in daylight shooting a composition with both shade and direct sunlight. Take two shots, one exposing for the bright and one for the shade then you should be able to get that HDR look you're going for. My first HDR attempt failed due to this as well, I didn't bother looking for an HDR worthy composition with high contrast elements. I hope this helps,

Nick

i think this look not too 'HDR'ish to me
like others have said, normally its on a very ... very contrasting situations ..
ie: dark cloudy stormy days with bright foreground or whatnot

:D

OK, I did bracket them, the pictures on here are the correctly exposed of the three (which I took directly from the camera with no adjustments probably why they look less contrasted. I thought that it would be a good HDR subject but maybe not. I'll keep trying! Thanks guys

I..... I am not sure they look HDR though, do they to you? ...

I guess that depends on what you think HDR is suppose to look like. I can tell a difference between the ones you have labeled HDR and the originals and I think the HDR one's look better. Maybe there is a certain look you were trying to achieve and didn't, but if you're trying to improve the look of your photo's, I'd say you were successful...maybe not as successful as you would have liked, but they do look better. I can tell it most in the sky.

Most reactions

Back