First PAID wedding. (large collection)

AnotherNewGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a low budget outdoor wedding. Luckily I work for real cheap right now. Always looking to improve, and I know I can't compare to most of the wedding guys on here, so C&C please. I'm not sensitive so let me have it.

759038472_5FmcB-XL.jpg

759038575_Jwz7J-XL.jpg

758866100_ytxtq-XL.jpg

758866440_Rw6BD-XL.jpg

758866066_bTPm7-XL.jpg

758870393_C69h3-XL.jpg

758869291_7th5Y-XL.jpg

758862559_Fddxk-XL.jpg

758869762_dYCwL-XL.jpg

758867476_U3jde-XL.jpg

758867351_Ra8ej-XL.jpg

758867612_VE3YM-XL.jpg

758868133_jV3SW-XL.jpg

758871320_eukuz-XL.jpg

759038762_oSBb6-XL.jpg

759039387_5HsUV-XL.jpg

17. I have a few I did with the motion blur from the reception. Does this look work?
759038249_aazZA-XL.jpg

some of those are very unflattering for the bride lol. maybe touch some things up in pp?

the last one especially. but overall, not too bad imo

that last one is definatly a no. They look like they have a skin disease

check your other thread, i did a big ole critique over there then got very confused when i found this one. haha

why did you make 2 threads?

I figured maybe some only check one and I wanted as much input as possible.

2 & 17 are the only ones I didn't do a skin touch up on. So which ones do work... if any?

check your other thread, you might find out. hahaha.

n/m ill move it for you.

Honestly, I like all of these except the very very last one. Really shows her age and imperfections, probably even heightening them, which no one wants. I am not going to comment on many of the rest, but I will say I bet they got alot of bang for their buck! Good job on lots of these.
Now lets see if anything sticks out at me:
2: looks like she's picking her nose! eww haha
3: lovely, but a bit heavy on the vignette.
6: wish the reflection was better lit and the camera wasn't tilted quite as much. if this were a bit straighter I bet you'd see more reflection, more of the back of the dress, and if your flash was on the hot shoe, I bet it would have lit up the reflection more...
9: love it
10: I like the concept, wish the red hue over the background wasn't as heavy, and the middle picture's WB doesn't match the other three. and the fourth picture I wish was a bit more of the bride in the fram instead of nothing
17: already said, not a fan of this one at all.
I really think you did a great job on these though. You were by yourself, caught alot of great moments, and I really like your compilation ideas.

I responded to your C&C in other thread... thanks, and I am sorry for double posting everyone. I see it isn't appreciated.

ps. Flash was on hot shoe in all pics. I bounced a lot. I really didn't want to limit my speed by strobing. Although, I love how off camera flash looks.

I think you did a great job of getting the right shots. A little pp would go a long way to helping out.
I did a quick lightroom, adjust clarity and photoshop I created an adjustment layer, softened her skin, brightened her eyes(got one too bright) and adjusted opacity. This took about 10 minutes so if you have the time there is a lot that could be done. I am an extreme rookie so take this with the usual grain of salt.

4252355033_4a8aabd9b0.jpg

4252355033_4a8aabd9b0.

Just two quick comments. The focus in #1 seems to be falling onto her hair. It's not particularly flattering. And #17 made me scream "ZOMBIE BRIDE!" and put my hands over my ears so she didn't jump out of the screen and eat my brains. ;)

You do have some truly lovely images in here. #7 and 8 are very nice! Keep going at it!

The candids look a little too candid and are unflattering. I like the montages, but feel that the layouts should have a common theme - but that's probably just me being too neat and tidy.

The candids look a little too candid and are unflattering. I like the montages, but feel that the layouts should have a common theme - but that's probably just me being too neat and tidy.

No, you are right. I was playing with different template designs that I have created. They have yet to decide if they are going to purchase an album, so I created those to give them an idea of some pages I could do. Which reminds me...

... does anyone have any input on album companies. Ease of ordering is important to me. Obviously quality is huge. I have yet to actually order one, and I would like to be able to create my own pages and just upload them. I have been playing with blackriver's software. Any input?

Ok, Im gonna be a bit different here. You have some WONDERFUL moments and details. A little tweeking and I think you are doing pretty well, especially as a first timer.
You can learn to tweak, but you can't learn to have an eye.
Keep learning!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back