First Photos Using My Canon R5

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got my R5 Friday evening & went down to the Hiawassee Wildlife Refuge in Meigs County, TN on Saturday to practice. The Wildlife Refuge is a popular spot for photographers. I was Fortunate that a professional photographer happened to be there that day. She also shoots with the R5. She loaded her settings in my camera which saved me hours of YouTube videos. Here are some of the shos I got. Very little PP was done other than running them through Topaz Photo AI.

Sandhill Cranes 1.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-2.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-3.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-5.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-6.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-7.jpg

Sandhill Cranes-9.jpg

Attachments

• Sandhill Cranes-9.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Nice shots. The R5 looks like a brilliant camera. How did the autofocus perform? (assuming you are using autofocus of course}

Nice shots. The R5 looks like a brilliant camera. How did the autofocus perform? (assuming you are using autofocus of course}
The AF is fantastic. It is fast and it will focus on the eyes. I just tried using my 2x extension with the 150-600 Sports lens. The AF works wonderfully. Auto Focus at 1200mm is amazing. That is something that I could not do with my 5d & 7d cameras.

You had to copy someone else's settings? Now I understand why so many complain that user's manuals don't explain how to use the camera.

I could have read the manual, but she offered to load her settings & I figured it would save me a lot of time. I have gone in & tweaked them abit.

Very nice set. Congrats on the new camera.

I could have read the manual, but she offered to load her settings & I figured it would save me a lot of time. I have gone in & tweaked them abit.

When one is unable to think for oneself. copy to the rescue!

When one is unable to think for oneself. copy to the rescue!
I actually edited my response to your post. I will read the manual when you learn how to properly compose a sentence. I don't think that is going to happen.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back