What's new

First portrait with Canon 85mm f/1.8

Irminsul

'The Column of Heaven'
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welll, this is my first time posting a photo, not to mention a portrait. The copy, edited down for uploading came out at only 72 pixels/in., so it didn't do well as an attachment. I'll try to get it into a website first, as it just doesn't seem to upload well from my computer. Sorry about the waste of space!
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_1039 copy.webp
    $IMG_1039 copy.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 128
Nice. I like the light. Don't need everything on the left.
 
My guess is that you're going to end up loving the lens. I've got the Nikon equivalent, and it's the best piece of glass I own!

I think the drapery on the left detracts from the image. I was wondering more where that came from than I was paying attention to her.
 
Thanks abraxas and jd. Yep, that drape got in the way. It was an impromptu shoot during a short family visit. And yes, I too consider this 85mm the best lens -- among those in my relatively small stable of non-L lenses.

Here's another shot from the same shoot. No drape on the left side this time. Couldn't avoid some degradation of the image in reducing it for uploading. I gotta learn how to do this right!

$IMG_1051 copy.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom