First post and first C&C please! And how much post-processing?

felixdd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just started photography. I have to say, I love snapping photos, but I also love the process of post-processing...tweaking the pictures that I've taken, playing with the settings. I think I've focused my post-processing less on realism as much as evoking the feelings I want my photos to evoke. Trying to tweak more to my eye and less to the histogram....

However, I also know that my composition skills need a lot...and I mean...a lot of work.

Anyways, I noticed that more and more, I'm spending a lot of time post-processing, to the point that it's become "just as involved" part of my photography workflow as pressing the shutter button.

I'd also like to know where to draw the line. Below are some photos that I've taken, with varying degress of post-processing. I have in my head what I took "overboard" and what is enough to "pop", but just want some opinions of where this "line" is for my audience. Let me know which ones are "over-corrected"

Of course, General C&C is more than welcome!!!

boats by .felixdd, on Flickr

falls by .felixdd, on Flickr

IMG_8127 by .felixdd, on Flickr

IMG_7612 by .felixdd, on Flickr

IMG_8043 by .felixdd, on Flickr

IMG_7556 by .felixdd, on Flickr

I like all of these but the first one. I just find it flat and lacking a real interesting subject.

Nice work for your first post.

I think as you get better with the camera and composition/exposure, you will find yourself spending more time with the camera and less processing the images.

Great pictures.... the first and the fourth didn't really speak to me, but that doesn't mean they aren't good pictures. The only one that seems "over edited" to me is the last one, but seeing as it is a castle, it has allowed it to take on a sort of out of this realm, old storybook feel... it works for me.

Thanks for the input so far!

I'll post my personal reflections on which photos I think I "crossed the line"...but after I get a few more responses first, so I don't bias anyone :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back