First post... Any thoughts?

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this kind of spur of the moment while I was driving back from my lunch break to work. Then spruced it up a wee bit in photoshop. I can re-upload if the resolution is too high.

3785375777_5c9f8261c9_b.jpg

I like it!

I would sacrifice focus for crisper shimmers with a wider aperture, but for a spur of the moment type thing, it's pretty good!

I love the story you're telling here :) Excellent composition, personally I would like to see the image be a bit softer. It feels extremely sharp (may just be because you had to shrink it down a bit)

Something that may spruce this up a tiny bit more would be to toss a black to white gradient (going diagonally, black bottom left to white top right) in overlay over the image. This would cause to lead the eye even more naturally into the story you're telling.

I love this shot though

Pretty good. I feel that the boat is a little crowded next to the frame like that though. It feels like it's really pushing up against it, and can't compete well with all that water. Just moving it in a little by framing differently would help your composition a lot.

like the comp.
might not need SO much water, but i likes it. :D

Totally agree with musicaleCA and since this is obviously not the entire image, hopefully you have something more to the left that you can put back in.

The format also bothers me. It is close to square but not quite and I feel like it would look better if it was either an actual square or more of a rectangle. I would make it a nice rectangle myself but you're the artist so it's your call.

I like what you've captured here, especially for a spur of the moment type shot. If you have time to try again, I'd recommend a few things. First of all, it appears slightly over-exposed to me. This is personal preference, of course. Also, there is a LOT of water in the frame. I would have moved the boat a bit more up and to the right. It should give the same feel to the shot, while also giving a more appealing composition.

Great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back