First product photography attempt C&C please :)

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, a friend of mine is starting a fashion label of which includes jewelery and has asked me to do the photography for it. Thought i would just experiment with a few things lying around.

Do you think my set up was appropriate? I know the focus could be better, i was more looking for comments on the lighting and so on.

thank you :D

Setup:Used the built in flash.. don't have much equipment at hand right now.

:)

Last edited:
They look pretty good to be honest, considering what you had to work with. More DOF is usually desirable with product shots, and tighter crops to fill the frame with teh product. But, as they are they are useable :)

Agree with need some light in the front. Especially photo#5

I know nil about product photograph, but in addition to the above... I'd also like to add that piling the chains up like #4 and #5 isn't flattering for the piece, at least to me. It makes it look cheap.

Great first try! Simple and clean...I like it....I have a free website with tutorials and cheap lighting techniques you may enjoy.....good luck!

i like the subtle shadows in them, look good to me, but then again i havent tried any shots like this so they are prolly better than what i would get haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back