What's new

First product photography attempt C&C please :)

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
169
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, a friend of mine is starting a fashion label of which includes jewelery and has asked me to do the photography for it. Thought i would just experiment with a few things lying around.

Do you think my set up was appropriate? I know the focus could be better, i was more looking for comments on the lighting and so on.

thank you :D

Setup:Used the built in flash.. don't have much equipment at hand right now.


1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


:)
 
Last edited:
Looks like you need more light coming from the front to me.

Allan
 
They look pretty good to be honest, considering what you had to work with. More DOF is usually desirable with product shots, and tighter crops to fill the frame with teh product. But, as they are they are useable :)
 
Agree with need some light in the front. Especially photo#5
 
I know nil about product photograph, but in addition to the above... I'd also like to add that piling the chains up like #4 and #5 isn't flattering for the piece, at least to me. It makes it look cheap.
 
Great first try! Simple and clean...I like it....I have a free website with tutorials and cheap lighting techniques you may enjoy.....good luck!
 
i like the subtle shadows in them, look good to me, but then again i havent tried any shots like this so they are prolly better than what i would get haha
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom