First RAW image!!!

tmartin2347

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have been taking lots of photos and here is one I though was pretty cool I took today after work.
It's looking up the river at the backside of downtown Exeter, NH. I thought it came out all right, I wish I had a further zoom though.
Remember this is my first RAW image I have played around with, but I would certainly like to hear what people have to say.
And I was going to cut it shorter, but I liked the color I got from the water and the sky.

I know I see people put their shooting info with the pics to help get feedback so here's what I think you want, and I'm still new so I'm still playing around and learning. So advice is always grateful.

Shooting mode: Aperture Priority
Iso: 100
Focal length:18mm
Aperture value:16
Shutter speed: 1/60

Not sure if that tells you everything or if I didn't need all that lol.

IMG_2680.jpg

I like it. Now Im a noob so take my advice for whats its worth but maybe crop the water alittle and the bridge on the right. This will bring the smoke stack more centered but since you croped the water some the 1/3rd rule will apply. Right now you are almost centered vertically and horizontally.
I like the colors.

It's oversaturated and somewhat underexposed. Purposely underexposing is one way to boost saturation in the camera.

The good ole rule of thirds is a tried and true compositional guideline.

Did you notice the dust bunny on your image sensor?

IMG_2680.jpg

Most reactions

Back