First Sale...

Nice job and a great idea. I have a question though, when you set this account up, who does the printing and how much to they charge?

The site handles its own printing. I've done some greeting cards for my own use that I'm relatively happy with, though to be honest I haven't ordered prints from there.... something I'd do before I actually marketed my work to general public. You can set up your own prices above their base price, which they have on the website somewhere.... my prints basically start at like $8 I think... i set my markup at 15%, so I think I made a buck or two ;)

Congrats, though your pictures are REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY cheap. That will certainly get you more sales, but I think you're pricing too low.

To give you an idea, I charge about $150-200 for a 16x20.

Congrats, though your pictures are REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY cheap. That will certainly get you more sales, but I think you're pricing too low.

To give you an idea, I charge about $150-200 for a 16x20.

Yeah well I've only been taking pictures for ~6 months... and I'm not really advertising these prices (ie I'd highly doubt I'm undercutting anyone ;)

You charge 150-200 for just a print? I'm just selling prints for those prices... the framed things are more. Regardless, I'll up those prices as soon as I get a more expanded gallery of shots I'm proud of.

Erik

Yup, 150-200 for a print. Problem with selling cheap is that you'll struggle to bring your prices up over time. Problem with selling too expensive is you won't ever sell any prints. :) It's a fun balancing act.

Only 6 months taking pictures ? I'm impressed. Your work on the site looks professional to me !!
I like the idea and would love to try something like that someday. I don't know if I'll ever get enough stock of interesting,artistic and sharp enough pictures though. <grin>

Good job !

That's a great picture Erik. I'd certainly hang it on my wall.

wow! yea you've got some really great stuff! nice work! :)

That is a great shot I love B&W it kicks ass.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back