First snow to reach Washington Hill, Mass.!

Orgnoi1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.northeastfoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But it didnt reach Eastern, NY and Western, Ma by air travel... this seasons first snow came by way of train!! As many know Buffalo, NY just got hit with its first major storm for the season.

Crew taking a break while waiting on clearance to continue east on the B&A branch. Fridays are a major travel day across this railroad and today was no exception with 9 trains showing in the few hours we were on the hill.

Canon 1D Mark II, Canon 24-70L @ 32mm, ISO400, f/10, 1/400sec

2006_10_13-R01.jpg

Yeap, I was in that snow storm. I just made it out of Buffalo yesterday around 4pm. Good thing too because they closed the thru-ways and I heard that people where stuck in their cars for hours till they opened up the thru-way.

Haha I love it. Nice fall colours, and the touch of snow. Plus, everyone's favourite subject...trains! I see alot of CSX trains coming through here

oldnavy170 said:
Yeap, I was in that snow storm. I just made it out of Buffalo yesterday around 4pm. Good thing too because they closed the thru-ways and I heard that people where stuck in their cars for hours till they opened up the thru-way.
We were to drive to Rochester to meet our old friends this afternoon. QEW was closed. Will have to wait next six years... Friday the 13th.

Great photo, btw :)

What a funny find: snow arriving BY TRAIN! :D
Cool subject ... I don't only mean that white matter on the train that is so cold to the touch: this is a kind of train we would not see where I am, it looks very different from "our" trains here. Nice to see ... and the weather looks fresh, cool (as in temperature), with wonderful colours.

Most reactions

Back