First test of my 16-50mm SSM 2.8, CC please

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to focus on the flowers but keep the statue active in the picture.

statue-04028 by Stevepwns, on Flickr

I really like this one, I think the I missed the focus on the face here but I like it.

statue3-04049 by Stevepwns, on Flickr

The color of the building bother me here, but I didnt like the way it looked as a B&W

statue2-04046 by Stevepwns, on Flickr

I just like the way this looked, with the slight bend to it. Thought it was a cool angle. I think I might go back and darken up the building though, it looks a little over done.

Smithsonian-04007 by Stevepwns, on Flickr

Last edited:
the first one is not very intresting.. What is your subject? The flowers I guess.. but then you have a strong item (statue) just behind them out of focus. It is like telling me to look at it, but not look at it. If you changed your angle you may have managed to put the focused statue pointing at the flowers. That would tell a story.

The second is an ok photo, however cropped to much. I don't mind the focus but I would love to see the statue not blending with the backround wall that has the same color

In the third I would change prespective and have the sky as a backround

In the last one I would change perspective and place the statue between the towers of the building, with the sky backround to make a greater contrast. You are right in the "a little over done" but not bad.

the first one is not very intresting.. What is your subject? The flowers I guess.. but then you have a strong item (statue) just behind them out of focus. It is like telling me to look at it, but not look at it. If you changed your angle you may have managed to put the focused statue pointing at the flowers. That would tell a story.

The second is an ok photo, however cropped to much. I don't mind the focus but I would love to see the statue not blending with the backround wall that has the same color

In the third I would change prespective and have the sky as a backround

In the last one I would change perspective and place the statue between the towers of the building, with the sky backround to make a greater contrast. You are right in the "a little over done" but not bad.

Thanks for the feedback.

Im not sure what I was going for with the first one. I was trying out something different to see if it worked.... I appreciate your input, thanks again.

Most reactions

Back