What's new

First time shooting fireworks!!!

OttawaPhotog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Location
Ottawa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well we have the international firework competition here in Ottawa this next couple weeks so I decided to go out and try my hand at some shots! Here are a couple of what I came away with!
Thanks for looking! C & C appreciated !
1.
webhostVenezuala20077.jpg


2.
webhostVenezuala20072.jpg


3.
webhostVenezuala200711.jpg


4.
webhostVenezuala200714.jpg


5.
webhostVenezuala2007.jpg
 
Those are way better than I managed to get last attempt at fireworks. How did you get such brilliant colours in that last one?
 
I really like #4. A lot of times it's the same as real estate...location, location, location. One thing I picked up on from this forum and fireworks, are comments by Garbz. Do a search, but he has good thoughts on the subject. #'s 3 & 5 come in close seconds...can't decide...on second thought, if #3 was a bit sharper....I'll stay with #4.
 
If this is a first attempt only then: wow. Congratulations! Better than ANY of my attempts so far!
The nice colours of the last are intriguing!
Though the just bursting little stars in 4 promise one of those real "Awww-Stunners" in the sky! Cool.
 
Okay, I'm envious. I really like what you've done here. Good captures, clear & sharp! Mine don't turn out this good, but I'll never give up. Thanks for sharing! Expect to see more in the future. By the way, is this Ottawa in Illinois or like in Canada??
 
Excellent first attempt there, much better than my attempt!

Wha settings did you use, and did you use a tripod?
 
Number 5 is my favorite. Definitely a great job for your first attempt!
 
Lovely crisp set - now is the time to cheat!
Fireworks.jpg


Individual bursts added to photo of one firework behind Ely Cathedral.

Select additional bursts and drag over your image using "lighten" as the blend mode. Size them using free transform and you can gradually build up the display in "frozen" time warp.
 
nice caps man, GJ
 
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I definitely had a great time shooting that night!

SpaceNut: Yes I am in Ottawa, Ontario, CAnada !!!!

DwainDibley: My setting were actually various throughout the evening. I do recall that #5 was an 8 second exposure around F8. The rest were around 1.5 - 6 sec, again trying to stay around F8. And yes I did use a Tripod!

Fangman: I'm going to have to try that! I'll post up when I have it complete!
 
Great photos. Thanks for sharing your camera setting with us. Also, I was wondering what your ISO setting was?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
 
Thanks again for the comments Jeff. As for the ISO I keep it at 100 for all of them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom