First TPF Photo post... looking for C&C please

Would have sworn that I already commented (twice) on these photos. Is this a new thead?

Kundalini -- yeah this is the original post... someone told me to post it in the gallery section to get more responses and (because I was still new to all this...) I did just that. So, now there are two similar threads. Sorry for the confusion ;)

FYI, Moderator, feel free to close this one, delete... whatever.

The pictures are looking pretty good :)

About the watermark, try using a smaller opacity, like 20-30%, it will not be that distracting, and will still be watermarked, and i don't know who is gonna print a greeting card with a huge watermark allover even if it is pretty transparent :)

There were some tutorials on how to make an efficient watermark with out ruining the photo :)

Those are some really nice photos. I'm not sure I like the darkening of the top of #3, and #5 looks almost confusing the way the puppy is splayed out all over the place! The pics are still pro-worthy.

The watermark, however, really detracts from it. There are 2 things I can see that are wrong with it:

1: It covers virtually every part of the photo. It's really hard for potential buyers to get an idea of just how crisp and professional these photos are when it's covered in text. Try reducing the size a bit, and maybe putting it slightly off-centre.

2: There are too many effects! And by "too many" I mean "one". That beveling effects also really detracts from the photo, as it makes people look at that rather than the subject.

Certainly take that off to leave yourself with a watermark that will both stop copiers and allow people to appreciate the picture, even if it looks a little bland. It's a copy prevention measure, not an art contest!

Still, these are some really fantastic photos. I can't wait to see more of your stuff.

i am also a a beginner and i must say that some of your shots are amazing. i particularly like 1, 4, and 5. for me 2 would have been better without the jockey and 6 is overdone.

I don't offer C&C as a general rule, but I will say that I agree with the complaints about the watermark.

It is a bit bold.

I think the OP has gotten the message now about the watermark...

I feel like, if you are really worried, you should just keep them off line. I cant see the photos past the watermark. At first I thought people were a little too an*l about watermarks, but after I learned how to really look at a photo, I just cant stand them. Little ones, ok, but big ones across the entire photo, just not working for me.

There are other options besides having random people veiw online. You can always set up meetings with photographers to review your work. You might need to pay, but you dont have to worry about theft.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back