480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every year on the Saturday before Memorial Day, the local Scout troops gather at the local cemetery to install one US flag for each veteran buried there. This was the first opportunity I've really had to really put my $60 MB-D11 knockoff to 'the acid test'.

Having never used a gripped DSLR before, it took me a while just to remember I had the thing on there. I still found myself shooting in portrait orientation with my right elbow stuck up in the air. After firing off a shot or two, I'd mumble to myself, "Listen, ya big dummy! What did you buy that grip for!??!?!"

After they were through, the local Masons dished up breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon & sweet rolls to say "Thanks!" for all their hard work.

I ended up finding it amazing easy to switch between landscape orientation:

D7K_4237.jpg

to portrait:

D7K_4247.jpg

By the time breakfast was served, I had myself 'trained' and found the grip well worth the $60.

D7K_4283.jpg

D7K_4285.jpg

So to anyone wondering about whether a grip is worth it, if you shoot anything even remotely similar to this (sports, news, weddings, etc) and you're pondering whether to get a grip, don't hesitate! These are just 'snapshots' and were really taken just to take the grip out for a test drive.

I would also like to add my own personal "Thanks!" to all the scouts, their leaders & families for donating their time & sweat to honor those who have served our country. These great kids will be standing guard over the weekend (yes, 24/7, due to recent thefts) and will remove all the flags Monday afternoon to clean & store them until next year.
Kudos to the all!
flaghalfstaff.gif

Just got mine yesterday. The price has dropped to 52.00 shipped. For the money, I think its pretty awesome.

Thanks for posting. Still waiting for mine, should've at my house today
iconrant.gif

China Post
Arrival at Unit, Jun-03-11, 06:03 AM, TAMPA, FL, 33615
Processed through Sort Facility, Jun-02-11, 17:53 PM, TAMPA, FL, 33605
Processed through Sort Facility, May-31-11, 19:08 PM, CHICAGO, IL, 60701
Foreign International Dispatch, May-29-11, 08:45 AM, SHENZHEN EMS
Foreign Acceptance, May-28-11, 19:06 PM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back