first try at macro

I actually really like the first one. I find that it being a little overexposed, makes the water droplets stand out :)
The second one is nice too, but I like the first better.

roses make great subjects for macro photography, and a bit of over or under exposure usually doesn't detract, and they lend themselves to both hard and soft focus...
nice pics aj

Thanks. I really like the bug shots that are on this forum which is why I bought the raynox to begin with. I would of never thought that the dof was that thin. I have a new appreciation for how hard these shots must be to get. I cant wait untill spring gets here so I can play more outside.

I guess I'm in the minority. I like the second shot better. I agree that the first is a little too overexposed for my taste, but again that is my opinion. The second could maybe use just a little more contrast but that is really the only critique I can find. Very, very, good shots for a first attempt. I must warn you, Macro is very addictive. Before long you will have to join several of us in Macro Anonymous.

I had both printed in 8x10 since my wife couldnt decide which one she liked most. Origanally I liked the one with water drops but after print the second one is my favorite. I have to say that I will be addicted to macro. Its amazing the amount of detial that the human eye doesnt see. Im looking forward to this spring and summer.

Haha I bet. I really wanted to get a macro lens but figured Id just get the raynox to see how I like it. Im all ready looking to get a lens now. There any books on macro worth getting?

I'm sure there are some good ones but I subscribe to the 3P's. Practice, practice, practice.
You need a steady hand or tripod, good light, and try to stop the lens down as much as possible to increase DOF. A good lens is important also but not as much as these other thoughts. Those rules are simplistic, but if you master them, you'll get good images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back