First try in Sports Phtography

mpsjorge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just started to try sports photography. Can you please critique my shots? Any constructive criticism is good to help me improve. Thanks.

DSC_9466.jpg
1/400, ISO 200, WB cloudy
DSC_9490.jpg
1/320, ISO 400, WB DAylight

1/400, ISO 400, WB Daylight

1/400 , ISO 400, WB Cloudy

All were taken with a Nikon SD40 and Sigma 70 - 200mm

Last edited:
Thank you. You are right, I was posting it in a trial and error way. I think now I got it.

Great moments captured. The bad thing is that most of them are underexposed. Do you have your settings for these pics? Posting the settings along with the image will help you receive the advice you're looking for.

1. This is one of the underexposed ones. It's also not very sharp. In a setting like this you need a very fast shutter speed. This means you need a decent amount of light or a higher ISO.

2. This is one of the best because you captured his face and it's exposed properly. However your SS speed still isn't fast enough to make it sharp. It's really soft as it is now and softness is something that can be corrected in PS.

3. Too bad about the distracting background (BG). I still like this though because of the action that is seen.

4. See 2

A few more meets and some research and I'm sure you'll have a better idea of where you need to position yourself to get the best shot and what setting need to be used to get proper exposure and sharpness.

Keep posting and commenting on others as you learn!

Thank you.

The first picture my ISO was at 200 and I changed it to ISO 400 for the rest of the pictures.

1. 1/400 shutter speed, cloudy for my WB
2. 1/320, daylight WB
3. 1/400, daylight WB
4. 1/400, cloudy WB

Most reactions

New Topics

Back