First two shots with D7000

1. The 1/2 lamp post and tree branch on the left throw of the composition for me. Would rather see more of what's on the right. You need more of a focal point in the foreground, in my opinion.

2. The branch in focus doesn't really do much for the photo especially with the out of focus branch in the foreground. Think I'd rather see the moon in focus and have all the branches acting more as silhouettes. I'd also clean up the ghosting of the moon.

thanks for the input, great advice. I got some UV filters... I am thinking that was a bad idea? I noticed a lot more flares after I added them. I think I will keep them but only use them if its necessary.

With longer exposures you will get noise. Remember to use the "Long Exposure Noise Reduction" when shooting at night.

The moon this week in January is getting the full light of the sun. It is the brightest it will get all year. So, you will be shooting at a very bright object with a dark foreground.

In June it will get a lower light glow that earlier people described as honey, so you will be looking at a honeymoon!

thanks for the input, great advice. I got some UV filters... I am thinking that was a bad idea? I noticed a lot more flares after I added them. I think I will keep them but only use them if its necessary.

UV filters are not needed for Digital cameras... except maybe to protect the lens (not really needed, if you keep your lens hood on). A plain high quality Clear Filter would be preferred to the UV if someone insists on using a filter for protection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back