What's new

First wedding with my prime lens. Please take a peek

LiquidGrace

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
83
Reaction score
7
Location
Upstate, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings all,

After lots of research and speaking with fellow photographers I was drawn to the idea of buying a prime lens for my Nikon D90. I was unsure just how ok I was going to be with the idea of having the prime lens without zoom capability. I have to say I absolutely am in love. I got the Nikkor 50mm- f/1.4 G AF-S lens. I ensured to get a nice UV Hoya filter. Overall I have to say I'm impressed. Here's a few from the wedding. Please feel free to give any advice.
1.
2. 3.

4. 5.
 
Last edited:
Im confused.. which one is the groom? LOL
 
Whoa, what's going on with the nasty comments?
It seems a little disrespectful to the OP and the subject for no obvious reason.

Re; The pictures.

While the detail is sharp. dof is nice and the colors are quite luxurious in places, the framing seems off in a couple.
(It is hard to point to a picture without them being numbered.)

Second row, left - the bride seems pushed to the left margin.
Third row, right side, they seemed squashed by the top margin.
 
Whoa, what's going on with the nasty comments?
It seems a little disrespectful to the OP and the subject for no obvious reason.

Re; The pictures.

While the detail is sharp. dof is nice and the colors are quite luxurious in places, the framing seems off in a couple.
(It is hard to point to a picture without them being numbered.)

Second row, left - the bride seems pushed to the left margin.
Third row, right side, they seemed squashed by the top margin.

I thought the comment was in reference to there being two different men in the photos (one with the pink shirt, the other with the white(the groom).

I didn't take it as a disrespectful comment against the subject. However, if it was a dig at the bride I certainly do think it is rude, unnecessary and offers absolutely nothing in terms of the thread at hand.

I'll go back and number the photos. (Sorry about that) , and thank you for your CC.
 
NIce shots.. although some (#3 and #5) are cropped / framed VERY tightly....too much so really!

#1 Light is harsh.. nose shadow is dark.. and the shadow from that piercing under her lip is really bad. Obviously single OC flash (umbrella?) but needs fill to kill the shadows!

(p.s.... I am sure Schwettylens was referring to the two males.. that comment was not aimed at the bride! I don't know Schwetty personally, but base on his posts I have read, he is not one to show that kind of disrespect.)
 
For the first shot I was going for dramatic shadows. If I added a fill flash to it, it would have washed her out and made her IMHO look very 2D. I do see what you mean with the lip ring, however that's an easy fix. Thank you for your CC. That photo seems to get many mix reviews from photographers.

I see what you and Traveler mean. Thanks!! #3 I can certainly bring the crop out a little so there's a bit more feet room. Same with #5.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom