First Week

mako8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been somewhat into messing around with photography with a Sony point and shoot I have, but recently gained an interest in shooting higher quality pictures with greater creative freedom. So a little over a week ago I got my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel XS. I've been trying to learn as much as possible about shooting and editing techniques. I have already learned a lot and know there is still a world of knowledge left to learn. Anyways, here's two of my recent shots. Let me know what yall think!

jose2.jpg

rustbucket2.jpg

i like #2.. number one is pretty plain... typically this type of shot is done with fancy lighting... looks like you were attempting that, but didnt really get it... keep trying though.. are you using the built in flash, or external?

I only have the built in flash, kit lens, and a UV filter right now. In the first photo, I was experimenting with having a monochrome background while adding color to select areas.

Thanks for the feedback. The second picture, which I also like better and is more recent, was when I started concentrating on focus more and shooting in RAW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back