AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fantastic or not, here they are:

#1 - I took this after noticing how minuscule our hospital and clinic looked underneath these huge clouds...
5949849441_d28b720c01_b.jpg

#2 - This was one of a sequence of photos as the sun went behind this cloud...
5949844419_bfba0356bd_b.jpg

#3 - I really liked how they almost form a heart and the feather floating on top of the water along with its reflection...
5949838375_6e07db259a_b.jpg

#4 - Geese do what a human would do when it sees a bear, try to make itself as big as possible. It did this as a warning for me to not screw with its harem...
5950381364_9ef73bc1b3_b.jpg

#5 - An old country road we got lost on for awhile. What a beautiful day!
5950387126_ed5c376480_b.jpg

Last edited:
Just wished I could remember where these were. Its fun getting lost. Oh, well. I know around the area they were, I will go find this place again in the near-to-distant future so I can get some better photos. These are obviously under-exposed.

You've got some crazy banding going on in that last photo (in the sky)

What kind of edits did you do to these shots?

I like the second shot. The waterfowl look excessively HDR'd. The last, of the dirt road, is okay.

I was goofing around when I noticed those bands being pulled out and liked it a lot so re-did it with hi-pass filter and blur techniques...

Copy bg layer, b&w the copied layer...filter - other - hi-pass...chose the smallest amount possible but still get the bands to show...flatten image...copy bg layer...gaussian blur to suit taste...chose "pin light" for blending mode...

I don't think I did any HDR techniques to any of these photos...although I guess I did a little Shadow/Highlight so yeah...HDRish accidentally...meaning I didn't go to get that look...but if that's the way it turns out...well..I didn't like them much...because of that...oh well...will try again...

I also like the 2nd shot. I think there is too much foreground in the 3rd and most of it could be cropped out.

I could clone out the extraneous feathers laying around as well...and perhaps crop out the extra foreground and background...

Get yourself a Garmin GPS. Turn it on and just leave it on "View Map" That way when you get lost and then find your way home, you will have that wonderful little blue line you can retrace so you see where you got lost just in case you want to go back =)

i like #2, i would have cropped the ducks different and i love me some dirt roads (having lived in east texas and all)

Okay, I'm game...what crop suggestions do you have jgooz? Dirt roads rock! So calm and serene...gotta love just getting lost on them, even if not on purpose...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back