Five Minutes at Derwentwater

Nice landscape and neat cloud(s). I find that "cloud", or is it a collection of clouds, very interesting. Just so you know, clouds are on of my favourite things to photograph, so I am always curious about strange looking ones. Looks like some high-level wind shear might be involved in this one.

WesternGuy

Nice landscape and neat cloud(s). I find that "cloud", or is it a collection of clouds, very interesting. Just so you know, clouds are on of my favourite things to photograph, so I am always curious about strange looking ones. Looks like some high-level wind shear might be involved in this one.

WesternGuy

Thanks. You can see the clouds in this shot that I took slightly earlier.

A7R3 FE 24 - 70GM f/9 1/15 ISO 250, Handheld

Derwentwater evening by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Derwent: my favorite colored pencils...and this has a drawing like quality to it.

Very nice, both images.

WesternGuy

Thanks. You can see the clouds in this shot that I took slightly earlier.

A7R3 FE 24 - 70GM f/9 1/15 ISO 250, Handheld

Derwentwater evening by singingsnapper, on Flickr
Even more interesting. Thanks for sharing. I am intrigued by this two-layer cloud system. I am guessing that the weather systems must have been undergoing a significant change when you were there.

WesternGuy

Again, two very good shots. Personally I prefer the earlier one, but I have a bit of a thing for pink clouds xd.

Even more interesting. Thanks for sharing. I am intrigued by this two-layer cloud system. I am guessing that the weather systems must have been undergoing a significant change when you were there.

WesternGuy

The weather in the UK has been unusually hot and dry this year. But people tend to forget the country is one big island, with weather systems able to blow in from all sides it can lead to some interesting conditions. The hills tend to have their own microclimates too which can be very changeable. All of this can combine into some very interesting weather and cloud formations and it's not unusual to get layers of cloud. Several times this year I've seen dark rainclouds low down in the sky where it's been more settled white clouds above and you can still see blue sky. If conditions are right out at sea the white clouds turn pink on sunset and the result is almost jarring xd

Again, two very good shots. Personally I prefer the earlier one, but I have a bit of a thing for pink clouds xd.

WesternGuy

The weather in the UK has been unusually hot and dry this year. But people tend to forget the country is one big island, with weather systems able to blow in from all sides it can lead to some interesting conditions. The hills tend to have their own microclimates too which can be very changeable. All of this can combine into some very interesting weather and cloud formations and it's not unusual to get layers of cloud. Several times this year I've seen dark rainclouds low down in the sky where it's been more settled white clouds above and you can still see blue sky. If conditions are right out at sea the white clouds turn pink on sunset and the result is almost jarring xd
Thanks for the explanation. I can easily appreciate that it can be a great place to photograph clouds, sunsets and sunrises.

WesternGuy

great clouds but the mountains got a bit of dark edge due to the editing

Most reactions

Back