What's new

Fixed FED - I love It!

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
75
Location
Scotland
I bought a FED rangefinder a week or so ago but it was all to shot, rangefinder needed calibrated, exposure meter dial messed up etc. I fixed it all up and ran a test film through it today.. developed and scanned and i'm pretty pleased with the results of the old thing.

1.
fed1-1.jpg


2.
fed1-2.jpg


3.
fed1-3.jpg


4.
fed1-4.jpg


5.
fed1-5.jpg


6.
fed1-6.jpg


7.
fed1-7.jpg


Quick shots just to test my focusing and exposure.. think it got it pretty ok.

Let me know what you think, critique if you must :)

Kev.
 
Since these are test shots, I won't need to go into any critical opinions of the images. But I CAN say that the FED is REALLY giving you some quality! Are you using an Industar lens? It must be VERY gratifying to have fixed the camera, and then to have it workly properly and efficiently. Good job for sure!
 
Wow
Great images
Love the first 3
 
Shot 5 is a classic!!!! Love the lighting and the leaves!!!
 
Count me as a fan of #2.
 
Yup Laurence it's the Industar lens, and it seems pretty sharp for what it is. It does feel good to get reasonable results from it after fixing it, plus it's a joy to use!

My only fear is that i'll end up buying loads more old Russian rangefinders lol.
 
Yup Laurence it's the Industar lens, and it seems pretty sharp for what it is. It does feel good to get reasonable results from it after fixing it, plus it's a joy to use!

My only fear is that i'll end up buying loads more old Russian rangefinders lol.

Yes, the Industars are a forgotten gem of a lens, they really are. :clap:

Oh yeah...next up...Zorki 4K! You won't be able to resist. With the Jupiter 50 f:2 lens, of course! I've had one for a long time, and it's simply a GREAT performer and it also looks very very cool. :)

Laurence
 
#7 is NSFW... its cussing at me! :D


All kidding aside, I think your photos are good, and its cool you were able to get your camera working to such a good level. Have fun (like you aren't already...lol)!
 
I was tempted by the Zorki before i bought the FED, i need another lens though as there's a few scratches on this one.. so that's the first thing on my list.

lol Senor Hound, yeah it looks like that bt i think it actually says "Tuck" (i think i know him from school, many years ago.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom