4)
IMG_0556.jpg

5)
IMG_0561forum.jpg

6)
IMG_0542forum.jpg

7)
IMG_0525cropped.jpg

Surely to God they aren't that bad, lol.

It seems I say the same thing everyday around here! :lol:

I like #1, but what appears to be dead leaves in the upper right draw my attention immediately.

#3 is the best of the bee shots imo

Thanks, and yeah, I got more comments for shots I took that I consider to be far inferior.

Of these, the third photo is clearly the best. (And to my mind not only the best of the bee photos but of all the little series shown here). It has a depth that not even one of the two singular flower photos has, despite the fact that the two yellow flowers are also nicely detached from their background by choice of aperture, the placement of the bee is in one of the best spots to place a small subject, and there is only that mild bit of "wind shake" (looks like there was a bit of a wind going making the flowers move). The other two bee photos have too much shake over all for my liking. They're kind of hard on the eyes.

The first photo has great potential and the only nitpick I really have is the dead leaf in amongst the flowers, which is a bit disturbing.

1, 4, 5, and 6 are pretty excellent!

I especially like #6 - detail and motion! Sweet!

Of these, the third photo is clearly the best. (And to my mind not only the best of the bee photos but of all the little series shown here). It has a depth that not even one of the two singular flower photos has, despite the fact that the two yellow flowers are also nicely detached from their background by choice of aperture, the placement of the bee is in one of the best spots to place a small subject, and there is only that mild bit of "wind shake" (looks like there was a bit of a wind going making the flowers move). The other two bee photos have too much shake over all for my liking. They're kind of hard on the eyes.

The first photo has great potential and the only nitpick I really have is the dead leaf in amongst the flowers, which is a bit disturbing.

Yes, it was quite windy at the time, so pretty difficult. I did not notice that dead leaf until afterwards or I would have removed it. Might reshoot that particular shot when the weather is better (it has turned to cloud and rain).

1, 4, 5, and 6 are pretty excellent!

I especially like #6 - detail and motion! Sweet!

Thanks Bifurcator...glad you like those. It was an on the spur thing to grab out the macro and try and capture that bee which insisted on moving on as soon as I got close enough :)

I think number 3 is great! I also like 4 a lot. 7 seems to be a crop of 3 but I don't care for the placement of the bee in 7. 6 Looks too blurry/grainy to me. I didn't notice the dead leaves in 1 until someone mentioned them, but they do draw the eye a bit once you notice them. I like the angle of the stems in this one.

Thanks Bifurcator...glad you like those. It was an on the spur thing to grab out the macro and try and capture that bee which insisted on moving on as soon as I got close enough :)

Hehehe, I know just what you mean.

BTW, did you notice the evil purple clown face starring down and jeering at the bee from above him? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back