Flowers, lemons, and limes

Sweet bokeh for both flower photos. DOF is on the brink of being too shallow (almost).
I was looking forward to the lemon-and-lime photo, expecting to see some wonderful green, but I am a bit disappointed. The lime is bruised :( ... and the Sunkist-labels are too blue, too red, too white. I was expecting yellow and green ... *stomps foot* (don't take me too seriously).

Guten Morgen, Frau Corrina. :D

DOF is on the brink of being too shallow (almost).
Ich verstehe nicht.

I was looking forward to the lemon-and-lime photo, expecting to see some wonderful green, but I am a bit disappointed. The lime is bruised :( ... and the Sunkist-labels are too blue, too red, too white. I was expecting yellow and green ... *stomps foot* (don't take me too seriously).
Es tut mir leid.

Ich heiße Alex. :)

Last edited:
Yes, the flowers were a bit of a pain since wind kept moving them around. :(

Yeah, I think the color balance is a little off.

Frankly, those flowers aren't exactly pretty? :(

EDIT: Let me try to be a bit more helpful, here. (see below)

So first you are going to want to get your monitor color balanced. Look up Spyders and other color balancing devices. (you need an actual device that will measure your screen colors and make and adjustment for you so it's accurate) That will help your pictures be "more true". They probably look fine to you, but they are definitely off a bit.

On your flowers- just important to keep in mind that you want a flower that's pretty. Find one that doesn't have dead bits or holes or bug eaten parts, etc. Big brown gnarly things dead center can often take away quite a bit... if it happens to be just an aspect of that flower, you may consider looking for another.

Hope this helps. Keep at it!

Oh, the colors are off a bit since I went a bit overboard with the balancing. I can possibly email you the originals for you to look at them? The board's PM system isn't available, so not sure how that will work.

Most reactions

Back