flutterby

"It" ( :mrgreen: ) was on my net curtain in my bedroom. The sun was shinning so I spot-metered on its body. The background was heavily over-exposed, so it's mostly white. Still some traces of the curtain there. You can also see a low contrast area at its, erm, arse because of the light behind it.
It was very much alive. It let me take a couple of pictures then took to flying around my room so I couldn't take any more. :mrgreen:

Thanks for replying, Kara. :)

What a great photo. I have never been able to get a good butterfly photo yet.

You have been lucky with the wildlife around you of late, ferny!

I am half green with envy.........:meh:

Very good one: reminds me of DorlingKindersley books (always the item against purely white backgrounds)!

Great photo, love the light...but this could be so much better messed about with in levels...mind if I have a play ith it ferny...

Wow, nice shot ferny, you got a really pretty butterfly, i haven't seen many around of late. I love the colours and patterns on it, i think the white background brings it out all the more too.

Great photo, love the light...but this could be so much better messed about with in levels...mind if I have a play ith it ferny...
You didn't see it to start with! :lol:

Feel free. :)

You have been lucky with the wildlife around you of late, ferny!
There is loads of wildlife here, you just have to be able to take an interesting picture of it. I'm not so good at that. Whatever amount of photos I've posted in the last few months (a tiny amount) is pretty much my total of shutter fires. I've hardly been hammering the batteries in the camera. :meh:

Thanks for looking and the replies guys. :)

Most reactions

Back