Foggy Christmas Morning on the Beach - SEA BRIGHT, NJ - 23 photos

SkyscraperSunset

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skyscrapersunset.com
I guess it's strange to go to the beach in December, especially on Christmas morning during the thickest fog I've seen in a long time. But as photographers this is what we do, so most of you will understand. On Christmas morning I shot awake with tons of energy at about 5:00 AM, and the family was a few hours from really beginning to stir. So it's not surprising that morning photos were my first thought, and I thought the desolate, foggy beach might make for some interesting subjects.

Anyway, on with the photos.

#1 - Parking lot for Sea Bright Public Beach. The bright, pre-sunrise sky to the east combined with an amber light in the lot to create some deep blue and red shades in the fog.
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

#4 - The waves have a photogenic effect on the iron deposits in the sand
04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

#9 - Tidepool (right)
09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

#23 - Thanks for viewing...
23.jpg

wow Matthew, what a series. i honestly can't choose a fav. :hail:

Fantastic series!
Excellent feel, colors and tones, compo. Nice textures. These photos really tell you the feeling there, well done. You have a great "eye" there. I like #3 or #23 the best, er...I think.

Out of curiosity, what equipment did you use? Film? Digital? Etc, etc....

Keep 'em comin'!

Great series and nice website you have. You definitely get around. Alot of you work is very familiar territory. I'm from Hammonton myself.

WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful shots! I'm from NJ too! :p Thanks so much for sharing :)

Great shots! Worth the wait for them to download. I'm such a sucker for sunset/sunrise shots.

The light in them all is lovely, creates beautiful colours and tones. And you've found great structures and shapes, wonderful job on composition on them all :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back