Foggy Morning

Illah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.grooveeffect.com
A few variations on the same theme, taken impromptu on my way to work, and the sunset from last night. Let me know what you think.

--Illah

Sunset-from-Roof.jpg

Foggy-Piers-and-Sun.jpg

Old-Piers-and-Sun.jpg

Foggy-Piers.jpg

Three-Piers.jpg

OMG

they are all excellent

the subtle tones are just perfect

I wish I had views like that on my way to work

Thanks! As for the views, it is nice biking to work along San Francisco's east shore. This was an unusually foggy day though. That might sound odd to outsiders who know SF as a foggy city, but the east shore is very rarely foggy, especially while the sun is up. Created some really great atmosphere (and made me 30 mins late to work since I was taking pics ;) ).

--Illah

They are all wonderful, but I am partial to the fourth one, I'm not sure entirely why though.

Wow, great shots. I love the colors in #1, and the eerie feeling that #2 has.

a little big for my tiny work monitor, but what I can see through scrolling looks good to me. i love foggy shots, looks like you captured it well.

4th shot is amazing! Reminds me of Pirates or something, first is really good too...

Great series!!! #1 and #4 my favorite. Could you tell me how long was the exposure for #1? Thanks

kamilla said:
Great series!!! #1 and #4 my favorite. Could you tell me how long was the exposure for #1? Thanks
Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

As for the exposure of #1 I think it was about 4" at f16 ISO200. I made two prints off the RAW - on one I took it up a stop or so to get more detail in the foreground - then composited the two in Photoshop.

--Illah

Most reactions

Back