Fooood

natewatters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm going to be doing some shots for Jaciva's, a local bakery/dessert place here in Portland. The photos will mainly be for their dessert menu, but perhaps also the website and other things. I know food is one of the most difficult things to do, so has anyone done much food photography or have any good tips?
Here's a shot I just did a couple minutes ago of my lunch. It's pretty boring, and lacks much creativity, but it was a quick setup. I shot this in RAW, then added a few corrections. this was natural light from a window. I have strobes/umbrellas that i'll be working with as well. CC welcome on this shot, but I am no food artist, so go easy in that aspect. Thanks for any help!

3239225149_1ae9410088.jpg

I know you said this was a "quickie" setup, so maybe you should post some once you're set.

I by no means have any idea what to do for a good food shot, but I would think lighting would be a pretty easy thing if you're used to setting up studio lighting for other subjects, and it sounds like you probably do.

This shot doesn't have a lot of "pop" to it. And the sandwich looks "saggy". Like I said I have no idea what I would do, that's just my initial thought.

I would maybe go buy a couple of cooking magazines. There's tons out there. That would help with ideas on set ups.

Good luck and please post some of the finals!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back