What's new

For constructive criticism, feedback and general discussion on my blog.

matt_89

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's ten pages, mix of colour and mono. Will be uploading some neg scans soon too.

Wide Eyed Yau

All feedback welcome.
 
Hello! I'm pretty new around here, and I looked at the first page of your photos.. Wow. Anyway, I'll say what I like about each one of them, and you can do next time. I presume you used a Diana F+, so I don't really want to get into the photo shooting. My only camera is a 400D too:)

1: Nice angle of the car, you have the car plate number and manufacturer's logo
2: I like the way you tilted your camera, and it would have been great if you got the slight blurry image from the movement of the car
3: Nice shot to show the looming weather over the event
4: Didn't quite catch what you were trying to capture, but it looks better when you remove the bits of the sky and hills and just focus on the road. And you could have turned the camera into landscape mode and capture the man looking at the cars going by.
5: I would focus on the bend in the road and leave the sky out
6: The motorbike shot is a good angle, but I would have stood closer.
7: Finally we can see the driver *like*
8: I noticed the interaction between the man and the lady holding the rag, maybe you could find a way to make these 2 people stand out?
9: I liked the way you showed us the rain that happened as well
10: The car is nice and grand, but it would be great if you got a picture of someone getting out of it?
11: Gives us an idea how the crowd is like
12: This picture is nice to me. Then again, i'm only a kid
13: I like the way you highlighted the slightest hint of a blue sky
14: hmmm.. I didn't quite see what you saw:/
15: I thought the tree was captured beautifully.
16: I liked how you highlighted the textures of the church exterior, but it would have been cooler if you found something to zoom into
17: The cows look great, haha
18: I liked the different colours captured, but the air control tower looks cramp from here. Maybe if you could tilt your camera to give an idea of the space around it?
19: Likes the fire hydrant with the flower
20: I didn't really like the sunset for some reason. I don't know why
21: You got the expression of the dog, most people would ignore that
22: I didn't catch this one either:/
23: The branches with flowers look beautiful
24: I wouldn't have noticed the ferret inside the guitar if you didn't caption it
25: I'm not a big fan of taking photographs of performances, and i got distracted as well
26: I like the way you caught his expression at the keyboard
27-30: Can't really comment much about it

I hope I helped you out a bit here, and keep shooting!
 
Hey, thanks for the comments. For Goodwood, I actually used a Pentax K1000 and Canon EOS 600 Film. Unfortunately I didn't have the Diana F+ at the time. The film pictures are completely unedited at the moment.

Some of the colour ones are quite explicitly edited. This is just for me to practice editing really. Thanks for the comments though.

Perhaps I should use another photo hosting site so I can group the pictures into different events and projects?
 
wow.. I never edit my photos as well, and try not to. I thought the black and white ones were really beautiful. Hmmm... I thought Tumblr wasn't that bad, I put up my shots on Blogger, and it ends up being rather image heavy. I was thinking of creating a tumblr too, but it has gone abit too mainstream, and everyone and almost anyone has one.
 
I don't think it being mainstream is a reason not to use it. Tumblr is a nice place for people to view your pictures. It's just I've got quite a few now so I should start organising them into categories.

I almost always edit. The only times I sometimes don't is when doing documentary photography or anything else where I am trying to create an image and tone that's true to life at the time.
 
Different schools of thought I guess:/ I never had any formal lessons, so I'm not very sure about the editing. Most of the time I don't simply because I'm too lazy hee^^
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom