For Xmetal and Alecia! (and other Aussies!)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can I just say... How kick ass has the ABC become?!
I usually don't watch that much tv and if I do it's usually always Austar or Win. But seriously last night I stayed on ABC the whole night!

There was the new inventors, spicks and specks, the glasshouse and a hilarious show called "We Can Be Heroes - Finding the Australian of the Year". It was basically a huge spoof of the Aussie of the year awards, but the one guy plays all the different nominees from around Oz. It was truly hilarious! :lmao:

And that was just Wednesday night. There's also Enough Rope with Andrew Denton, Media Watch and The Einstein Factor (which I love and is also hilarious!). Well that's all I can think of at the moment anyway.

Just thought I'd point them out to you guys and mention that they are well worth the watch.

My mother's been trying to get me to watch Spicks & Specks for ages but I keep forgetting it's on, I used to watch The Glasshouse but haven't lately.

Must make an effort to watch more TV. :lol:

I think the glasshouse has been moved to the 9:30 time slot - a lot better than being on at 11:30!!

OMG. A THREAD WITH MY NAME ON IT... NOT CREATED BY ME!!!!

Hmm.
I don't really watch much ABC... But it does have some pretty good shows. I love the glasshouse! And they play round the twist. Lol

Did you know you can get the tv guide here: http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/
-- It says the glasshouse is on friday nights at 11.25PM and Wednesday at 9.30PM

I want to get digital so I can watch ABC2..

I've got digital now but I never watch ABC2, mainly coz I don't know what's on it... but that TV guide you found is great. It went straight on my favourites!

It's a bit of a shame at the moment that no one up here where I live is broad casting High Definition Digital, we've got standard definition but I'd like to have the other channels - and the picture is just amazing! Have you guys got HD down south?

I'm in Cairns.

To get HD you need a set top box (like a vcr you plug your aerial into) for digital TV. You also need a set top box to get Standard Definition digital too.
Some of the standard definition digital channels like ABC2 and another SBS channel are broadcast on Austar (or I think the southerners call it Foxtel), if you have the digital version of that pay-tv that is.

The tv channels up here at the moment are still testing the HD so they're just broadcasting a loop of scenic shots around oz. So we're still waiting for any actual programming.

Alecia if you buy a set-top box i'd suggest you get one with a built in Hard Drive - you get HDTV and you get a 'VCR', kinda kills 2 birds with one stone. :) The only real difference with Digital is picture clarity, unless you run your TV though a decent sound system you won't get the full potential of Digital TV.

P.S. Vicky I chased down the LG Plasma screen you got and now i'm hugely jealous. :grumpy:

Yeah it's awesome. The sound is really strange though. Like when you're infront of it, or in the tv room, the sound is great. But then move a few meters away into the next room and you can't hear the tv at all! It's weird! With the old CRT TV we could hear the TV throughout the house.

But the sound on this panel isn't dodgy or crap - it's great considering how tiny the speakers are, but it's just really strange how it dies after a few metres.

Well ferny and alecia are coming round to watch DVDs on it (check the thread about stinky sewage), so I'm sure there's still room if you wanted to as well! hehehehe.

Most reactions

Back