What's new

Fort George Celtic Festival

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
637
Reaction score
334
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My kids and I spent the day at Historic Fort George in Niagara on the Lake on Saturday for the Celtic Festival (pipe and drum band competition, mostly). Besides the festival, the for is in regular tourism operation. They fire the cannons daily, with a little informative demonstration. This is my favourite photo of the event:


july 12 004 closing the vent by civgirlca, on Flickr

These are my favourites from the competition:


july 12 012 serious drummers by civgirlca, on Flickr


july 12 017 piper by civgirlca, on Flickr

C&C welcomed and appreciated. These shots are all handheld, with my 55-250 lens, as my primary reason for being there is family time, not photographer time. :) But I really want to improve on my "out and about" photography, to have quality images even in my snapshots of time spent with the kids. Know what I mean?
 
Oh, and I love this one, since my boy was absolutely ENTHRALLED with the pipers. The Scottish blood shines through! :D


july 12 016 super fan by civgirlca, on Flickr


I love this one too, but for an entirely different reason. Looks like he's following along after them with a shovel in case any of them leave any road apples behind.. rotfl.
 
Haha robbins, you're totally correct! Those nasty pipers. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom