Forum down?

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last couple of days I've been getting error messages coming up when I tried to access TPF during the mornings & early afternoon (GMT)... later on it loads as normal... anyone else get that? Does the server have regular down time? :scratch:

Not sure about regular down time, but this morning I couldn't get on for a couple of hours.

We did have some database error messages from the server over the last 24 hours, and prior to that, I had noticed what you noticed, too, Zaphod. Those issues are apparently resolved, though.

The server doesn't have regular "down time" that would take it offline. If something is going on that will require some down time, Chase usually will make an announcement beforehand.

Never hesitate to give a shout if something seems to be acting squirrely. :)

Never hesitate to give a shout if something seems to be acting squirrely. :)

Are you refering to this squirrel?

super_squirrel.jpg

Silly boy, anyone can see that this is SuperSquirrel, the one who actually runs on the wheel that keeps this place going.

I was referring to the very elusive, long-eared ServerKill Squirrel. :pale:

All the moderators have permission to shoot him on sight (this site, actually) if we see him. :mrgreen:

Sorry. That looks like a distant cousin of the renowned Kaibab squirrel, only he's not on the majestic Kaibab plateau. He's lurking in a New Jersey state park, trying to frighten tourists - and no one wants to tell him there are no tourists in New Jersey.

Go figure.

Most reactions

Back