Foul Weather Shooting Cover?

CanadianMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have always loved to take photos during winter storms, rain storms and other wild weather. I know if its windy I don't expect it to work in those conditions but does anyone know of a portable shelter system just big and light enough to keep the rain and or snow off me and the camera, sort of like a light weight Gazebo that is portable? It may not exist but just thought I would ask.

If your not moving often, would a hunting blind work?

As for the camera, try using a shower cap to keep elements from getting on to it.

Hunting blind great for country and Know a few friends who own them, great idea. I may just have to make something on my own for city use , thanks for the suggestions. Or maybe just buy a cap for my pickup? Hmmmmm

the car is my favorite shelter !

you can have the heater on, and be listening to the news at the same time. Also you have use of anything you can plug into your car charger.

Kata makes this.

Interesting ....hmmmmm

A car is fine (pickup is even better lol), but at some point I have this overwhelming need to get out of it lol, cuts down on the shots you can get :lol:

Yeah, I am thinking about getting a topper on my truck just so I can sit in the back and shoot.

I agree with you though, at some point I just want to get out in the elements and shoot!

try this:

http://classicunimogs.com/sold_406_ultra.html

(sorry, couldn't resist...) :hail:

If stationary in the sticks, I would use a shooting blind....in an urban setting, I would either stay in my truck, or use one of the covers, both look promising....however the one from storm jacket says that it is for for short term use, so I would suspect it is more water resistant than waterproof.

Here is something else to consider (serious this time...):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/509028-REG/Ewa_Marine_C_AFX100_C_AFX100_Rain_Cape.html

Depends if you are after something to buy or make...

You can home make some quite decent foul weather covers, with some "unusual" items.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back