Freakin' Awesome Day Out! (Very Image Heavy)

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello again everyone!

Well lets just say I am one happy camper! From the very start of my walk today through the campus arboretum, I was on my game and the critters were out in force! Bugs, baby turtles, lizards, it was great! After I nailed an in-flight shot that I've been chasing for weeks (#1), the opportunities for shots just kept on coming. None of my regular birdie quarry were out, but I didn't care, there were plenty of other subjects and it was a great day!

Any and all CC is completely welcome as always, but there are quite a few images. Instead if you could let me know which image is your favorite, that would be great ;)

1. My first shot of the day, and by far one of my favorites if from nothing else than the technical aspect of it.

In Flight by TogaLive, on Flickr

2. This tiny little guy was awesome! Talk about a beautiful blue coloration.

Little Blue by TogaLive, on Flickr

3. More of a fun shot, I found the ungainly swimming styles of the juveniles quite fun to watch. This guy was about 2 inches across.

Taking A Swim by TogaLive, on Flickr

4. My favorite shot from the day! The lizards around here are incredibly skittish, but this guy let me get in nice and close.

On The Fence by TogaLive, on Flickr

5. Another fun shot where I wasn't concerned about technical details. I found it comical that there was an adult and juvenile Red-Eared Slider hanging out with a juvenile Pacific Pond Turtle.

Three's A Crowd by TogaLive, on Flickr

Proboscis by TogaLive, on Flickr

7. My second favorite shot from the day! I enjoy the composition quite a bit.

Two's A Company by TogaLive, on Flickr

8. Unfortunately, there are some pretty strong highlights from the waxy leaves. Luckily, they draw the eye towards the head, so I suppose I dodged a bullet there. This guy was HUGE!

Spicebush Swallowtail by TogaLive, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed them!

Toga

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering, these were all taken with the 55-250 ;)

Last edited:
I love the skipper butterflies...such great subjects. I like #6 a bit more than 7. The insect in flight is cool.

i like the red eared slider and the butterfly, i need to take out my pentax and use that zoom macro i have for shots like this

Nice set! I am jealous! I have not seen hardly anything from the insect realm yet.

I am waiting for my favorite macro place to open May 1st! Right across the street from where I live.. a National Wildlife Refuge that is closed about six months out of the year. All the little beasties and buggies all doing their things, with no people around.. and then I show up! lol! I can't wait! :)

Seallens2B.jpg

Love 1 and 6...The rest, well, some distracting backgrounds and just not quite as interesting.

But 1 and 6 are great. Nicely done.

That first image... That must be archived for the posterity to enjoy and appreciate !!! really awesome !!!awesome !!! awesome!!!

Others are equally wonderful... i like your decision to show the shabby realities in one of the images....yes that is also a part of Nature

Last three images are also wonderful

Regards :D

Number one by a long shot!

Seriously, a shot like this has to have quite few things working all at once. Nice work!

Most reactions

Back