Fremont Street String Band...What a Difficult Venue to Shoot!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot my friends band (the Fremont Street String Band) in a lovely little pub/bar in Eastport, Maine. It was a tough venue, often shooting below 1/50th and at ISO4000 and above. I'm really impressed with the new Tokina 11-16 2.8 (this shot was taken with it). Comments and critiques are always welcome.

The Fremont Street String Band by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Best,
Jake

P.S., this was 1/60th at f3.2 at 13mm @ ISO6400. I'm rather impressed with the D7000's handling of low light/high ISO.

Terrific shot, Jake!

There's visual harmony in this image, with them each doing their own thing yet focused on a common goal. I also like the setting, and how the details of the scene add character--like the stucco ceiling, wood trim, and portrait of what looks like a Civil war general? It all just snaps together nicely.

I also like the processing. It works here for me.

Nicely done.

Terrific shot, Jake!

There's visual harmony in this image, with them each doing their own thing yet focused on a common goal. I also like the setting, and how the details of the scene add character--like the stucco ceiling, wood trim, and portrait of what looks like a Civil war general? It all just snaps together nicely.

I also like the processing. It works here for me.

Nicely done.

I was told that the portrait was the grandfather of the owner. Still, an awesome portrait. Thanks for the kind words.

Best,
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez, what a totally, wonderfully great shot.
And that picture showing through between the bass and the guitarist is absolutely perfect.

Even a old-timey look would work here. (I did crop a bit off the right)

7awy.jpg

Jeez, what a totally, wonderfully great shot.
And that picture showing through between the bass and the guitarist is absolutely perfect.

Even a old-timey look would work here. (I did crop a bit off the right)

7awy.jpg

Thanks!

Anyone else?!

Super duper, double duper Awesome shot.:cheers:

Well done. Makes me want to have been there. Intimate, engaged, involved. Whatever compromises you made photographically, it works.

Well done. Makes me want to have been there. Intimate, engaged, involved. Whatever compromises you made photographically, it works.

What a totally excellent example that when the picture is terrific, technical issues are irrelevant.
When they make a CD, put this as a poster.

What a totally excellent example that when the picture is terrific, technical issues are irrelevant.
When they make a CD, put this as a poster.

Thank you for the kind words. The band absolutely loves it, and that's all that matters, right?

Best,
Jake

Most reactions

Back