What's new

Frost Bokeh

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If it doesn't work one way try another! There was a beautiful fine frost on the windows, the sun was shining through from behind. It was too fine to get a shot of it in focus that showed the colours. Solution, manual focus and catch the bokeh ;)

I tried to keep a light hand in editing, Terri recently helped me realize that I have a habit of trying to force my preferences of rich colours into images when that's not what they want to be.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

 
needs contrast IMO

$bok_c.webp
 
I like the soft tones, and the rainbows! It is a little light to my taste too, but I still like it
The bokeh is not round, I have read somewhere that it should be, but frankly since I do not know the rules, my brain doesn't rule my taste and my eyes like the image.
 
I think somewhere between PR's and Charlie's would be a nice rendition.
 
I think somewhere between PR's and Charlie's would be a nice rendition.

DOG! Thou dare question my processing? lol! :-P! Funny.. I did it.. liked it. Then I decided more was better...
 
Haha, well alrighty then!
I'm not with ya on THAT much contrast Charlie but I may be willing to meet you half way ;) I'll see what I come up with when I'm editing again.
 
I like the soft pastel hues of the originally shown image quite a lot...and I like cgipson1's "mylar fishing lure tape" rendering a little bit as well. The original would make a nice gift card background, with some sappy text overlayed...although I think it would look better to equalize the one,single "strong bokeh blob" with the majority of the others...it stands out, a LOT...I think a more homegeneous rendition of all the dots would work even better.
 
What he ^ said!
 
How about Candy Corn Bokeh (playing with PR's image)

$bok_c1.webp
 
I'd bump up the blacks a hair on the raw and add the slightest curve for contrast. I like this photo a lot!
 
Thanks everyone!

Derrel, great points, I was on the fence about the one bright one, I do have another version of this I will see if it is more even or tinker with this one.
Charlie, I HATE candy corn but there is something about that.....
Mully, I like the cooler colours there!
Jowens, thanks :) I will tinker and see :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom