Frost on the car window

Tuffythepug

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cold morning last December. Frost on my car window

Frostoncarwindow.jpg

NICE! I was cringing opening this because I thought for sure someone was going to say they had frost today. I am trying to hide from the end of summer!

NICE! I was cringing opening this because I thought for sure someone was going to say they had frost today. I am trying to hide from the end of summer!

Ha ! nope. It's over 100 here today. Makes me long for frost on the window again !

I want to like it... but when I first look at it I think "Pine Needles?"

Is there a tighter shot you can crop it down to that will really bring out the definition of the frost crystals?

I want to like it... but when I first look at it I think "Pine Needles?"

Is there a tighter shot you can crop it down to that will really bring out the definition of the frost crystals?

I agree there is a great resemblance to pine needles. This is a cropped view of the original; probably 1/3 of the total frame. The rest of the frame just had too much empty space and distracting blurred images behind the window. Also, the original was quite a bit lighter. If I showed the un-cropped shot without any PP it would be obvious what this is. But it would be rather bland. I chose to increase the contrast dramatically and tighten the crop to get this abstract look. Maybe I should post the original for comparison.
I'm glad that you want to like it though !

EXIF shows this is shot with a point and shoot?

Yes, I believe that's accurate. I usually carry my wife's Canon PowerShot in my car for quick snaps of jobsites. I don't usually carry my good Nikons or Bronica for that kind of stuff. Although lately I have been taking a Nikon D80 to work with me and leaving the powershot at home for my wife.

Yes, I believe that's accurate. I usually carry my wife's Canon PowerShot in my car for quick snaps of jobsites. I don't usually carry my good Nikons or Bronica for that kind of stuff. Although lately I have been taking a Nikon D80 to work with me and leaving the powershot at home for my wife.

How in the world did you get it that close and still focus?

How in the world did you get it that close and still focus?

I shot at a distance of about 14" - 16" or so. Full frame is quite a bit larger. I cropped and zoomed in with Picassa2 to create the "close-up" effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back