Frozen ocean, C&C please

Mr. Murmeli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out to seaside with my camera on Sunday and it looked great since it doesn't freeze flat, like a lake. ;)

For the first three pics I'd like some general C&C (so basically do you see anything at all in this picture?) but also which of the lot do you like the best? They are all the same picture just with different kinds of PP done.

The first one is almost original. I just added some saturation and contrast when converting it from RAW.

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0672-3.jpg

IMG_0672-2.jpg

Different shot and at least contrast and saturation were increased quite a lot with photoshop.
IMG_0657.jpg

I can't even remember all the things I did to this with both lightroom and photoshop :lol:.
7pieceoficeframecopyr.jpg

So, any comments are welcome :D.

I really wish you would have had a Graduated ND filter on there. The sky is too blown out I think and no amount of PP is gonna fix that. You also could have taken a second shot or bracketed to get the sky exposed and then combined them in post.

So i will just say which one i like the most:D
the 1st and 3rd one is really beautiful...maybe i even like more the 3rd,dunno:heart:
and the last one is also cool,like the color

Shame about the blown sky, but great images none the less. I really like the b&w version and number 5.

#3 looks the best to me. I really like that pic. Great shot.

I really wish you would have had a Graduated ND filter on there. The sky is too blown out I think and no amount of PP is gonna fix that. You also could have taken a second shot or bracketed to get the sky exposed and then combined them in post.

Originally i took this shot just to find out how my equipment can handle straight sunlight and i was expecting worse actually. Yes the filter would be nice but so far i only have a dslr with the kit lens so there are a lot of other things on my shopping list before that :D. ...The combine thing is also a good idea so hopefully i'll remember that next time ;).

Of the three fist pics I like the third one best and it seems to be slightly more popular among all the replies so far.

Ins3rtNam3H3r3 said:
For the first three I wish that the ice thing was in focus, #4 is not that interesting to me, love #5.

Apparently i didn't think about the focusing at all with this picture but if i had i certainly would have focused to that ice thingy :grumpy:.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I like the colour tones in #2, but agree that the focus should be on the ice "thingy"

I guess now that I read other's comments I agree that the focal plane is a little too close to the camera in the first three. But overall I like these a lot, especially 3 and 5. I really like that they are different in composition to a lot of the other cold weather photos i've seen this winter. I like that they focus in on one specific subject, but still let you enjoy the rest of the scene behind it.

They make me cold.

(That's good, they elicit an emotion or feeling, so that is a successful trait in a photo)

Here's a suggestion:

ice.jpg

Most reactions

Back