FS/FT: Olympus E-510 2 Lens Kit (14-42, 40-150)

reg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For sale or trade:

Olympus E-510 2 lens kit. It's a 35mm equivalent of 28-300mm, in two compact lenses.

Appx. 1600 actuations, I think it's at 1570 or so but let's just say 1600 to be fair.

I also have:
2GB CF card
Lowepro bag

Those two are not included but the camera does include all accessories. We can negotiate that in the price or with a trade.

I'd really like to trade for a Pentax kit, but I'd still *strongly* consider Canon or Nikon.

I'm thinking $550 for just the camera+lenses. But we can talk.

Really, I just find that I can't afford anything better than what I have now, Olympus stuff is just too expensive and they haven't released a ton of consumer lenses like they were hinting at. I know about the adapters for other lenses but I figure that isn't really a great reason to stay since adapters are available for most/all cameras.

Basically, I'm leaning toward Pentax just because there is a MYRIAD of cheap lenses out there, I mean even their new 50mm f/1.4 is just $200. But of course Canon and Nikon also have their advantages.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled about the price either and would MUCH rather trade for someone's kit (again I'm really going for a Pentax bag full of old and cheap M42 and K-Mount lenses, but whatever whatever) outright just because the prices have fallen quite a bit even since December.

Last edited:
I guess we all have to balance price against image quality/features.

Did you have a chance to shoot a Pentax and compare?

You've got a pretty good set up as is...

Whatever you decide, it's about having a system that works for You.

Good luck.

Cheers, Don

I have shot with a Pentax *ist DS, and although I didn't find the camera to be all that fantastic it had a lot of features I appreciated (I like the in-body IS of the Olympus, and the Pentax has that too, BIG VF for manual focus). Only concern is high ISO noise...

What it really comes down to is being able to afford fast glass. I just feel... not outgrown for it... but just stuck. I know that 500 bucks for a lens is not a whole lot even to the hobbyists on this site but I simply don't have the money to do that right now, so the old cheap glass is something I want.

I hope you consider that the old cheap glass may not even be comparable in image quality to the Zuiko kit lenses.

You do get what you pay for.

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
There is plenty out there that is cheap and, to me, acceptable. The Vivitar Series 1 comes to mind, and so on and so forth.

But again, I'm not even dead set on Pentax, and knowing me if I got the cash I would just be camera-less for a few months anyway, just deciding all over again.

Interested in trades for Nikon lenses...?

Let me know....

Thanks-
God Bless,
Ed

For sale or trade:

Olympus E-510 2 lens kit. It's a 35mm equivalent of 28-300mm, in two compact lenses.

Appx. 1600 actuations, I think it's at 1570 or so but let's just say 1600 to be fair.

I also have:
2GB CF card
Lowepro bag

Those two are not included but the camera does include all accessories. We can negotiate that in the price or with a trade.

I'd really like to trade for a Pentax kit, but I'd still *strongly* consider Canon or Nikon.

I'm thinking $550 for just the camera+lenses. But we can talk.

An E-510 with 2 lenses?

I just bought this kit in November, from Best Buy for $749, and AGAIN it only has 1600 actuations so seriously, don't post if you don't even know what you're talking about.

I'm definitely not picking them up for $225 on ebay (half of my FAIR price for the kit with the TWO lenses) and reselling them here. If they're so widely available for that, why not just go buy one from there and save the $25 difference from your "offer".

In fact, I go so far as to DARE YOU to even find me a link to where someone is legitimately selling this kit for $225. I dare you.

I do, though, have this link, the 2 lens kit USED for $650.
Just the body (but new) for $529...

:thumbdown:

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ok, I'll go find one elsewhere then, it doesnt bother me pal its my money i can do with what i like, and i definitely aint buying off you

You're still deluded if you think that $250 is anywhere near a reasonable offer, chucklehead.

Good luck on finding an Olympus E-510 for cheaper than many P&S cameras.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back