Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
large.jpg

Very nice, Jeff. Almost looks like an oil painting!

A few of the highlights look a bit blown out, but it may be this pos monitor at work. Other than that, it's great!

I'd hang this on my wall. :wink:

Moni said:
Agree with Drlynn!
Almost oil paiting...what's the procedure???

I did this in Corel Photo 8 with the Threshold command that‘s part of the Image Transform menu. To be honest I am not very familiar with the command. I looked it up and this is that I found.

Corel Help said:
The Threshold dialog box lets you set a specific brightness value as a threshold. Pixels with brightness values above or below the threshold will display in white or black depending on the Threshold option you select. Other pixels are not affected and preserve their color. The Bi-Level option changes all pixels to either black or white (according to the position of their brightness value in relation to the threshold you set). You can also set an image-wide threshold or a threshold for a specific color channel.
(c) 1992 - 1997 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is the original that I took last fall in Tennessee
large.jpg

Hope that is helpful

Nice and thank you very much Jeff....but I don't have Corel....I can at most use my PS6 :)

Anyway thank you very much for your tips.....your original seems really cool :)

Moni, I also have PS Elements 2 it has a Threshold command but it works different, I would think that PS 6 should have it too

Most reactions

Back